- AbilityHub Assistive
Assistive Technology for people with a disability who find operating a
computer difficult, maybe even impossible.
This web site will
direct you to adaptive equipment and alternative methods available for
- The Digital Education Network: A resource for teachers and students.
- An Atlas
- An atlas of maps and graphic representations of the geographies of the new
electronic territories of the Internet, the World-Wide Web and other emerging
- California Student Media
and Multimedia Festival
- The Festival celebrates projects and learning with media and multimedia
projects by students. There are also awards for teachers.
- Classroom Connect
- A searchable directory of educational sites and resources. You may click here to visit
- From Microsoft®. Be sure to check out
Teaching and Learning
The Teaching and Learning with Microsoft Office
Resource Kit presents time-saving tools to integrate technology in your
curriculum-and create engaging opportunities for your students.
- Computer Using Educators.
- Currently has over 1,000 Webquests and 6,200 Lesson Plans. That includes
tons of Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, and many more resources.
- Educast is a free software program that delivers up-to-the-minute
education news, Internet resources, and lesson plans directly to your
- Education Technology Planners Inc.
Filamentality is a fill-in-the-blank interactive Web site that guides you
through picking a topic, searching the Web, gathering good Internet sites, and
turning Web resources into activities appropriate for learners.
- KNPB Channel 5 - Reno
- Check out LEGO MINDSTORMS and LEGO DACTA. Be sure to click on
the various links for educators.
- The school community dedicated to children's learning. You can find sites
AND Create a
- NETL on KNPB
- Nevada Education Technology Leadership Conference.
- Northeast Nevada
- Click on the links for great technology resources.
- The National Teacher Training Institute. Master Teachers develop lessons
in science, math, language arts, social studies, and fine arts which use
related websites and/or other technology resources, to set the scene for
dynamic classroom activities.
Click here for
information on KNPB 2004 NTTI held in Reno, NV.
- Education related PowerPoint presentations can be downloaded from this
- Project Learning
- A grant awarded to the College of Education, University of Nevada, Reno by
the U.S. Department of Education. This grant supports the faculty in infusing
instructional technology into all aspects of teacher education curriculum.
- Free web space for teachers. Also check out their Teacher Toolkit.
- StarLogo on the
- From the site:
- "StarLogo is a specialized version of the Logo programming language. With
traditional versions of Logo, you can create drawings and animations by giving
commands to graphic "turtles" on the computer screen. StarLogo extends this
idea by allowing you to control thousands of graphic turtles in parallel."
- Teachers.Net: Web
- Here you
will find links to precision resources for using the Internet to teach. Create
your own teacher webpage to download and edit.
- Create your own class site here for free!
- Serving educators with ideas, tools, and resources for integrating
technology into the K-12 school, classroom and curriculum. Includes links to
Technology & Learning
Magazine, Well Connected
Educator, and SchoolTech
Exposition & Conference.
WebQuest Page at San Diego State University
- Learn about and access WebQuests at this site.
- Sierra Nevada Community Access Television (SNCAT) is the Public,
Educational, and Government access center
for the Truckee Meadows.