- American Library Association. Be sure to check out
ALA | Banned Books Week
- The BookWire Electronic Children's Books Index.
- CELL Home Page
- California Early Literacy Learning.
Clearinghouse on Reading, English & Communication at Indiana University
- The Children's Literature Web Guide.
Includes Math Games,
Reading, and more!
- Georgia Hedrick --
Cloud Woman -- eBookMall Author's Page
- Georgia Hedrick is a local author. Currently two eBooks are available, Cloud
Woman and Share
Me A Shadow. Adobe PDF eBooks are designed for Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is
available as a free download if you don't already have it on your computer.
- Great Books Foundation: Home Page
- Be sure to check out Junior Great Books.
- Harry Potter
- From Scholastic.com. Find out more about all of the Harry Potter books.
J.K. Rowling's seventh book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows went on sale
July 21, 2007.
Also, check out the Bloomsbury
Harry Potter site as well as the
J.K. Rowling Official Site.
- International Reading Association
- The International Reading Association home page.
- Library of Congress
- The Library of Congress Home Page.
- Dav Pilkey's Extra-Crunchy Web Site O'Fun. Dav Pilkey is the author of
many children's books including the Captain Underpants books.
- Read Across America
- Mark your calendars for Monday, March 2, 2009. NEA's Read Across America
Day is almost here, and millions of kids, teens, and adults are busy making
plans to join the nation's largest reading celebration. Initially created as a one-day event to celebrate reading on Dr. Seuss'
birthday, March 2, NEA's Read Across America has grown into a nationwide
initiative that promotes reading every day.
- Also See:
Dr. Seuss National Memorial
Dr. Seuss's Seussville
The Dr. Seuss Web Page
Reading Help For All Grades
A comprehensive resource and guide for all reading related issues.
From the site
Your guide to math, reading, homework help, tutoring and earning a high
- Reading Rainbow
- Home page for the great PBS program.
- Reading Rockets
- Neat information available at this site for parents and teachers.
- This website was constructed by the IRA in conjunction with the National Council of the
Teachers of English. Relatively new site but they are adding lessons all the time that are
- School Library Journal
- SLJ includes daily updates and weekly recommendations for Books, Audio, Video, and Web
- Weekly Reader
- Weekly Reader's Pre K-6 site. Great for parents, students and teachers!